I figured since this is my first official Blog Post I would make it special. What better topic to talk about then everybody's favorite part of the work day: lunch. Every morning, around 11:55, my stomach begins to growl. Not necessarily because it's hungry, but generally because it cannot stand to go through anymore pictures of girls I was friends with in high school, pictures of people I met once in a bar in college and somehow am friends with on Facebook and probably know enough about them to be a solid work reference, or, most likely, pictures of me from circa 2006. The rumbling intensifies as I attempt to stifle the hunger for food and mental stimulation a little longer by doing something of substance: reading the homepage of FoxNews or checking Suri's Burn Book. This battle to quiet my stomach's cry for substance and my mind's need to see real human flesh is a simple, daily attempt to make lunch come a little later and therefore closer to my time of departure, and perhaps to prolong the anticipation of human interaction. Finally, by 12:15 or 12:20 I will get a call from a desperately famished co-worker:
"Hey."
"Hey."
"What's up."
"Nothing. You want to eat?"
"Yea."
"Ok...... Bye."
I provide my customary "brb"s to my Gchat VIPs, and I head down the hall to heat up my unsatisfactory frozen Healthy Choice and listen to a hearty discussion of the most recent shenanigans of my co-workers' dogs. Thus concludes the most exciting part of my day.
"Hey."
"Hey."
"What's up."
"Nothing. You want to eat?"
"Yea."
"Ok...... Bye."
I provide my customary "brb"s to my Gchat VIPs, and I head down the hall to heat up my unsatisfactory frozen Healthy Choice and listen to a hearty discussion of the most recent shenanigans of my co-workers' dogs. Thus concludes the most exciting part of my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment